Our clients in the hospitality and catering sectors are looking for commis chefs who are trained or experienced as the commis chefs. We expect the candidate must have a to-do attitude and ready to work under pressure.
Job Start from: 15/04/2021
Roles and responsibilities:
- Accurately measuring meal ingredients for the Chef de Partie.
- Preparing meal ingredients, which includes seasoning of different meats as well as washing, peeling, and chopping vegetables and fruits.
- Preparing basic salads and sauces as directed by the Chef de Partie.
- Receiving deliveries and verifying that all ordered items have been delivered and are of good quality.
- Taking inventory of restaurant supplies and notifying the supervisor of low or depleted supplies.
- Discarding all expired and spoiled food items stored in the stock rooms, refrigerators, and freezers.
- Performing basic cleaning duties and ensuring that work stations are properly sanitized.
- Plating and presenting meal items as per the Chef de Partie’s instructions.
Required skills, qualification, and experience:
- Associate’s degree, diploma, or certification in Culinary Arts is advantageous.
- A food handler's license.
- Proven commercial kitchen experience.
- Sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
In return you will receive:
- An attractive basic salary, plus performance incentives
- Excellent working environment and friendly work family.
- Professional growth
Only candidates residing in Malta are encouraged to apply
How to apply?
Send your CV, Covering letter(if included will be advantageous), and any other supporting documents at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject must contain ‘Commis Chef – your full name’
We will only consider applications sent to the above-mentioned email following the instruction given.
You are giving us your consent to store your personal data and to share it with our clients for recruitment purposes by sending application at above mentioned email.
We will contact shortlisted candidates within 4 weeks. We will store your CV on file for next 180 days to consider for future vacancies. If you do not want us to keep your CV in our record file, please state it at the last paragraph of the cover letter.